Sunday, April 12, 2009

Savories on Sunday

Ok so I have figured out part of the picture problem. I now know that it is the new memory cards. I'll fiddle around with that later but for now enjoy the taste sensation I just cooked up.

I am calling this Tropically Tasty Curry

1 14 oz can Trader Joe's light coconut milk
1 28.2 oz can bionaturae organic crushed tomatoes
1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drain as much liquid as possible
1 15.5 oz can organic great northern beans, drained and rinsed (I added these at the end for a little protein, but they added something special)
cumin seeds
turmeric I just eyeball the seasonings whatever looks right to me.
ground coriander
curry powder

1 good sized onion, sliced up (I didn't worry at all about the pieces being the same size)
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 yukon gold potatoes, cut into little sticks (you can cut the potatoes in whatever small shape you like)
A few good sized hand fulls of fresh green beans, cut in to bite size pieces
1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
3 small yellow squash, sliced into rounds
oil, i used safflower

Put some oil in the bottom of the pan over low to medium heat, depending on if you are still cutting veggies or not. Add the onion, let it get translucent. THen add the cauliflower and potatoes, cook a few minutes. Add squash, garlic and beans. Add spices. Stir well. Add all the canned ingredients. Simmer until the veggies are to your desired texture i like mine to still have some crunch left in them. I plann on serving this with rice or quiona. I made it today to serve later in the week. Most of it will get frozen for later.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: