Thursday, March 5, 2009

From Snow day to Hiking day in just 4 days!!!


We went hiking today at the Arboretum. Man I love this place. It has to be one of my favorite in the area. The beach being number 1 of course. We walked a lot today it ended up just being the girls and I. We invited friends but no could make it. I think that was meant to be. I really enjoyed just spending time with them in nature. It was great. Audy thought the woods were "creepy". I thought they were resplendent. It was beautiful. So we walked I have no clue how far. Then we went to the little homestead area and had a picnic lunch. We learned that PB and J is great with shredded coconut in the middle. Very yummy we will be doing this a lot I think. As well as more hiking. The girls were pretty good at sticking with me. Ok so you want to see pictures of this outing I am sure so here ya go.

Does it get any cuter than two sisters sitting on a bench. I think not.
The trail passed by the back of some apartments.
You would not believe how many times I tried to get this picture there are several of my armpit.

The girls at the trailhead when we started out on our journey.

We will not be going into the two visits to the park that ended in us having to leave because Amelie wet her pants and only once successfully park streaked and the time with other children present. I was distracted enough to not pay much attention to guy who was yelling at his son to apologize for some minor park mishap. But it was cool that the second trip my friend Anna Facebook stalked me and came to the park too. That was awesome.

1 comment:

Liz Harrell said...

What a fun day! And what beautiful weather. Sigh. I'm hoping to enjoy a little of the outdoors this weekend, I've been trapped inside all week!