Monday, October 13, 2008

A fall day at the beach







I took the girls to the beach last Monday. Oh It was beautiful. It started out as a way to clam Amelie down while we had to wait for Audy to get out of school. She was having a big fit and Audy's school isn't far from the water(the Chesapeake Bay). So we went for a little walk. Well neither one of us wanted to leave but we had to pick Audy up. So we decided that we would get Audy and some food and head back to the beach.

And that is just what we did. I had capressa salad. The girls had string cheese and rice cakes. The big girls splashed along the waters edge and played in the sand. We collected lots of rocks and shells and a piece of drift wood. Cassidy nursed and then took a snooze on the blanket. I just sat and enjoyed the beauty that surrounded me.

We had the beach to ourselves for the most part. No one stayed for nearly as long as we did. Several folks walking their dogs. Two ladies one of whom was getting ready to board a flight to Chiago and wanted to put her feet in the ocean before venuring back to the Windy City.

It was one of the moments you really want to last forever. And share with the ones you love most. (Yeah Dave that means you. We miss our Daddy! Stay safe honey! We love you!!!!)

3 comments:

ChurchPunkMom said...

gorgeous. i'm jealous..

the ocean is about the only thing i miss about CA (well.. i miss trader joe's more), which is silly since we never even had the time or money to go (hence the 'more')..

have i mentioned how awesome Audy's curls are? too cute. what a lovely little lady.

Whittney said...

Awesome pics

me`me said...

Amy you did a great job capturing the day at the beach. I felt like I was there with you. wish I was.