Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Food Bite

So I just ate this very yummy treat. Apricot Soy Ice Cream. I recently found the ice cream maker at the thrift store marked down to $1.99 originally a whopping $2.98. But anway I have been wanting one for a long time so I had to have it. Its a hand crank variety but so awesome. So on to the recipe


1/2 cup dried apricots
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup honey (The original recipe calls for 3/4 but its too much for me. I won't use that much
2 cups soy milk ever again.)


So to start you cook the apricots in the water , in a covered saucepan, until they are soft. Then you throw that in the blender. Ok don't really throw it. Boiling hot water and throwing really shouldn't be ion the same sentence.

Ok so you have pureed the fruit in it cooking liquid. You add the honey. Blend some more. Once that's mixed add the soy milk. Blend again.

So then you pour it in your ice cream maker and follow your manufacturer's instructions. Mine say it stir 2-3 times every few minutes for about 20 minutes.

You could really do this with any fruit puree. I am gonna try it with a mango I have in the fridge. Maybe even some pumpkin. The yummy ideas that are a flowin'.



Look at that tasty goodness. What's not to love. Oh yeah and in the background there is wine in a jar. Yeah I am classy like that.

No comments: