Monday, November 10, 2008

That soup in my menu.


Yummy Portabello and Barley Soup

2 Portabello caps, chopped large
1 red pepper, rough chopped
4 green onions, snipped up with scissors
Olive oil
Bragg Liquid Aminos (soy sauce would work to)
Balsimic Vinegar
Garlic
Barley
Water between 4 and 6 cups (whatever looks right)

So I started by putting a bit of oil in the pan. Then I threw in the mushrooms and the garlic and let then saute. Then I poured in a bit of vinegar and the liquid aminos just once or twice around the pan (to steal from Rachel Ray).

Toss in the peppers and let them soften a bit. Pour in the water and a few palmfuls of barley and let it simmer on the stove for a bit, to cook the barley. Throw in the green onions right at the end. Throw in a dash of coarse sea salt at this point.

I put part of the onions in with peppers and it made them really ugly. So I am not recommending that.

This was really yummy yesterday and I have a feeling it will be even better today.

*In the photo the soup is in the Dansk dutch oven that I found at the thrift store. I won't say how much I paid for it. Lets just say way more than I usually pay for things at the thrift store.

No comments: